A night out isn't inexpensive for anybody, but you may be surprised to find that how much money Australians spend differs from state to state. It costs $54.52 for a night out in Sydney, while $52.12 is the cost in Melbourne, based on a HomeToGo 2018 study on the world's top nightlife destinations. The next most expensive cities are Adelaide ($42.78), Brisbane ($42.23), and Perth ($39.55). UBS, an investment company, ranked Sydney as the sixth most expensive nightlife destination in the world based on a recent poll. If you combine club admission fees, two drinks, a taxi ride, and one Big Mac, the cost of a night out in Sydney is $86.70.
Cities and suburbs in Australia are distinct from one another when it comes to the expense of a night out. According to the infographic that can be seen below, Clipp has rated the most costly cities in the United States based on the typical price of a drink that can be shared by two individuals. Sydney failed to win the race, which was surprising. According to the approach used by Clipp to rank pubs and restaurants, the total average price for four items—house wine, beer, hamburgers, and small pizzas—was calculated by using data from 650 establishments located throughout Australia during the months of January and February. Listed below are the findings: When it comes to informal meals, Adelaide is the cheapest, while Melbourne is the most expensive.
The difference in cost between these two locations is $10.50, which translates to a total of $546 saved over the course of one year of weekly excursions. Sydney, surprisingly, had the second-lowest total average of $51.60, which surprised us. "(We can only surmise that Clipp got its data from hundreds or thousands of dives outside of the city.)" Sydney, on the other hand, was the most expensive city when just beer costs were taken into account, with an expected cost of $6.60. At $5.50, Brisbane's was the most affordable. With an average price of $9 per glass in Brisbane, wine is the priciest beverage in the city. In Melbourne ($23.50), burgers were the most expensive, while in Sydney ($19) they were the least expensive.
According to data from Clipp, suburbia has a distinct spending habit on a night out. Double Bay, Sydney's most expensive nightlife district, costs $68.50, whereas St. Mary's only costs $46.25. It was most costly in Brisbane's CBD ($63.50) and least expensive in Strathpine ($44). In comparison to Werribee, which cost $20, Southbank in Melbourne was the most expensive, at $71. A one-bedroom apartment in Subiaco costs $69, whereas a one-bedroom apartment in Rockingham costs $51.20. At $55.20, North Adelaide ranked as the most expensive Adelaide suburb; at $43.70, Kilburn was the least.
As a result, ridesharing and public transportation options differ per state. The table below compares the cost of an Uber ride five kilometres from the CBD of each state, using data from The Cusp.
Uber Price List (approx.) The Price of Public Transportation (approx.)
- Sydney Each ride costs $20. $7 total
- Melbourne Each ride costs $15. $8 total
- Brisbane $17 for each ride $9 total
- $12 per ride in Perth $8 total
- Adelaide Each ride costs $14. $7 total
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
Sydney is the only Australian city to reach the list of the world's most expensive cities. As published by the Australian Bureau of Statistics, the average weekly wage for full-time employees in May 2020 was $1,771 per week (ABS). Attending a live event typically costs $112 each night, and most people do it twice a week.
Tips to Help You Save Money on a Night Out
According to Mozo's research, Australians spend more than $30 billion a year on things like dining out, drinking, smoking, and gambling. What a large sum of money it is! See what we've done to help you save money and prevent the "money hangover" after a night out in the city by reading our tips. eek.
Bring Cash Instead of Card
Today's society benefits from and suffers from the practise of tapping a card to pay for goods and services. It makes shopping easy since you just need to touch your credit card or hover your phone over a scanner to pay. When moving from pub to bar, it's easy to lose track of money and forget about it. To better restrict your spending when out and about, we recommend that you first set a spending limit, then carry just a fixed amount of cash with you, and lastly, leave your credit card at home. If you discover that you are short on funds, this is usually a strong indication that you need to cut down on the amount of alcohol that you consume.
Eat and Drink Before You Go Out
If you consume beverages and food at home before going out in public, you may save money that you would have otherwise spent on snacks and drinks that are offered at inflated costs. Ask a buddy if they'd like to share a supper with you or simply buy an entrée to start with if you're still starving when you arrive.
Avoid Expensive Drinks
When it comes down to it, spending on alcoholic drinks is an easy way to lose cash. Additionally, the vast majority of alcoholic drinks served in bars and nightclubs have enormous markups, so if you want to save money, select cheaper alcohol such as a vodka mix and the usual alcohols. This will allow you to avoid these markups.
Plan Transport in Advance
If you intend to drink while out, prepare a safe way to get home. Taking public transportation is the most cost-efficient way to get back to your house, provided that it is an alternative that is convenient for you and that you are not uncomfortable doing so. Whether that's the case, you should ask your other friends if they'd be willing to serve as designated drivers for the night. Instead of paying the full ticket for an Uber, you may split the cost with the other passengers in the car by utilising Uber Pool.
Avoid Buying Rounds
If so, how often do you end up bringing the refreshments to the table? Either stop this habit (no matter how nice it is!) or assign the cost of the first drink to another person. Buying a couple of drinks may quickly drain your bank account, even if it saves you time at the bar. If you want to avoid confusion over who is responsible for what, it's best to just purchase your own drink. There are several reasons why this is true, such as the possibility that your friends may forget to repay you or that you may not receive the next round.
Stock Up on Late-Night (And Hangover) Snacks
While stopping at McDonald's or getting a kebab before going home after a night on the town is practically expected, these habits may swiftly deplete your bank account of its funds. Stock up on takeaway pizza, spaghetti, or toasties to eat at home instead of wasting another $10-$30 at a restaurant. By doing this, you'll benefit both your cash flow and your immediate future.
Never wait to save money and organise your finances. Doing so may be started at any time. To learn more about fiscal responsibility, check out our other articles. From superannuation aggregation to wire transfers, all the fundamentals of financial planning are addressed.
FAQs About The Nightclubs
If you are going to start a new club, the costs vary widely depending on where it is. A modest neighbourhood club could be around $100,000 for the fixtures, supplies, and equipment needed to get started. Other clubs, like the biggest ones in New York, cost tens of millions of dollars to open.
A 2018 report reveals that the Australian nightclub industry brings in annual revenue of $1 billion.
Crowdfunding: Crowdfunding is another way people can open bars without any money. They use services like GoFundMe, FoodStart, Kickstarter, and AngelList. For example, field and Vine in MA used Kickstarter to start, and Swah-Rey also used Kickstarter in FL to open their bar.
- The Top 15 of Nightclub & Bar's 100 Highest Grossing Nightclubs
- XS Nightclub, Las Vegas, $80-90 MM.
- Marquee Nightclub & Dayclub, Las Vegas, $80-90 MM.
- TAO Nightclub, Las Vegas, $60-70 MM.
- LIV, Miami Beach, $45-60 MM.
- Surrender Nightclub, Las Vegas, $45-60 MM.
- Pure Nightclub, Las Vegas, $35-45 MM.
Nightclubs are a profitable business. They can make anywhere from $1,500 to $50,000 in a night, depending on the location, traffic, and capacity. The nightclub generates around $25,000 and $30,000 monthly in average revenue, but clubs in big metropolitan markets can earn much more.
Clubbing Advice for First-Time Attendees
To ensure a safe and fun night, bring along at least one of your most trusted friends!
If it's your first time attending a party, you should take particular note of this. After all, you and your partner will be keeping an eye on each other's backs the whole night, but you should also keep an eye on yourself. Do not forget to let at least one other person know where you intend to be during the evening, particularly one who will not be attending the club with you.
Be added to the "guest list" of the event.
People who are on the "guest list," as they're called as in the industry, receive incentives such as free admission, rebates, or even complimentary beverages. Despite the fact that this does not ensure admittance, it does allow you to bypass the queue in advance.
If you already know where to look, you should have no trouble finding these listings. If you know the right people or the club promoters, you might be able to gain access to a club's guest list using a social media or Google. You can also speak to the concierge at your hotel or the club for more information. Make sure you're aware of any limits before signing up for one (e.g., early arrival, dress code, etc.)
Whether to reserve a table or not. Either way is OK.
If you're among a lot of ladies who are concerned about their feet and have the money to purchase a pair, it's a terrific idea (promo packages are being offered for big groups sometimes in a club). Reserving a table is not necessary for individuals who plan to dance just (and have already consumed a few "pre-drinks"; more about this later). You might run into fresh faces later on who invite you to sit at their table!
- Table reservations come with an additional charge, and the vast majority of clubs require that patrons spend a minimum amount on either a single alcoholic beverage or a bottle of liquor. These may look costly at first glance, but if you're in a large company, the overall cost may be more affordable than you think!
I'm sure you already know what to dress and what not to wear to a party in this day and age. Consider how comfortable your wonderful high heels will be after a long night of dancing before you decide to wear them. Some may prefer flats, although high-end clubs may not allow sneakers.
The dress code for most clubs may be found on the club's website. As a general rule, men and women are not allowed to wear slippers at a club, but who would even consider of doing so? Dresses with kitten heels or flats (if possible) are our best bet. Best of all, choose a pair with which you've had the most success.
Make sure you use the appropriate makeup.
After a few hours of dancing, you'll be sweating and the club will be packed. When I was a first-time partygoer, another of the most crucial lessons I learnt was:. If you absolutely must put some kind of cosmetics over your face, at least make an effort to choose products that are water-resistant or long-lasting.
Bring along only the bare necessities.
- Do not even entertain the thought of leaving your identification behind because doing so would be quite inconvenient. If you are willing to put up with a lot of embarrassing pleading, drama, and offering money, they might still let you in. Having said that, it is best to steer clear of doing that. Additionally, if you are younger than 18 years old, you are not permitted to attend. If you want a phoney ID, I strongly advise against it.
- It is not a good idea to be fumbling around with coins, cash, or paper when you are in a nightclub.
- Except in the most dire circumstances, I strongly discourage members from sporting DSLR cameras at club functions. And besides, several clubs won't let you in with it, and you have no place to leave it. In addition, do you intend to stay up the rest of the night filming your friends' antics as their videographer? Go ahead and enjoy yourselves, too!
- You don't need to bring your whole make-up bag. Bring just the bare necessities with you, such as blotting papers, eyeliner, and lipstick. To avoid running out of tissues in the club bathroom, carry a little pack of Kleenex.
- Remember to bring your house keys with you when you pack for a trip. Consider bringing a portable charger with you in the event that the battery in your phone runs out while you are away from home and you require to make an emergency call.
- Put your valuables in a tiny and safe bag that you may attach to your person.
Determine the time and place for the next gathering.
If you intend to depart the club with a group, now is the time to decide on a meeting place and time. In addition, there's a good chance you'll miss each other amid the clamour, and getting in touch might be pointless in such a chaotic setting.
It is possible to use a special signal to signify that you require aid in escaping a person while bopping so that your buddies can step in and save the day.
Pre-drinking or preloading is the practise of consuming alcohol in advance of a social outing. In order to save paying for pricey club drinks, this is a great idea — but that doesn't imply you should immediately go all-in and become intoxicated. Unless you're a heavy drinker, limit yourself to a couple glasses of wine or beer for the night. Exactly enough to leave you a little buzzed.
Drinking on an unhealthy diet is a recipe for disaster. Slowing down your stomach's absorption of alcohol is made simpler by eating a greasy meal since the fat in your stomach acts as a stomach liner. So when we get to the nightclub, my pals and I are raring to go and party like it's 1999 again! Half the enjoyment is in the buildup to the festivities.
- It's possible that some unscrupulous members of the club will try to take advantage of you, but you can always take control of the situation if you're alert. As a consequence of this, you shouldn't be terrified, but you also shouldn't anticipate too much. A nightclub is basically a raucous, crowded, and heated environment. The soundtrack was mostly terrible. So in addition to fantasising, lower your expectations. Loud and filled clubs are a plus for me. Everyone in the room wants to have fun, as you'll see.
- When it comes to first-time partying, don't drink and drive.
- The best alternative is to have someone transport you to and from the location. However, this "someone" cannot attend the celebration. Why? Because, by the end of the night, you will all be so intoxicated or wasted that you will be rendered unconscious. Uber and Grab are two car-hailing programmes that could serve as an alternative.
It costs $54.52 for a night out in Sydney, while $52.12 is the cost in Melbourne. Adelaide is the cheapest, while Melbourne is the most expensive. Clipp has rated the most costly cities in the United States based on the typical price of a drink. Ridesharing and public transportation options differ per state. Sydney is the only Australian city to reach the list of the world's most expensive cities.
See what we've done to help you save money and prevent the "money hangover" after a night out in the city. Stock up on takeaway pizza, spaghetti and toasties instead of going out for late-night snacks. Ask friends to share a meal with you or simply buy an entrée if you're starving. Be added to the "guest list" of the event. Make sure you're aware of any limits before signing up for one.
If you're concerned about your feet, it's a terrific idea to purchase a pair. Do not forget to let at least one other person know where you intend to be. Consider how comfortable your wonderful high heels will be after a long night of dancing;. Bring along the bare necessities such as blotting papers, eyeliner, and lipstick;. There's a good chance you'll miss each other amid the clamour, and getting in touch might be pointless.
Pre-drinking or preloading is the practise of consuming alcohol in advance of a social outing. Unless you're a heavy drinker, limit yourself to a couple glasses of wine or beer. When it comes to first-time partying, don't drink and drive. The best alternative is to have someone transport you to and from the location. Uber and Grab are two car-hailing programmes that could serve as an alternative for those who can't get there themselves.
- It costs $54.52 for a night out in Sydney, while $52.12 is the cost in Melbourne, based on a HomeToGo 2018 study on the world's top nightlife destinations.
- The next most expensive cities are Adelaide ($42.78), Brisbane ($42.23), and Perth ($39.55).
- Sydney is the only Australian city to reach the list of the world's most expensive cities.
- Determine the time and place for the next gathering.
- If you intend to depart the club with a group, now is the time to decide on a meeting place and time.