Restaurants, cafes, and bars in Melbourne are closed to dine-in customers until September 2. We've reopened the lockdown 6.0 live list so you may order takeout and support your favourites.
As always, we'll keep this list updated daily throughout the lockdown, whatever long it lasts. From heat-and-serve meals to pre-mixed cocktails, this is the definitive guide to who's offering what.
Are you running low on essentials? It's never been easier to keep the fridge stocked, whether you work from home or in the office. You'll never go hungry if you look into the pickup and online delivery possibilities at these gastronomic hotspots.
Restaurants that offer take-home meals and online food delivery
These restaurants in Melbourne offer takeaway and pick-up services so that you can enjoy healthy meals in the comfort of your own home.
Due to this astounding accomplishment, taverns, cafes, and restaurants all over the city are now providing takeout and delivery options. So throw aside that can of sardines or give up trying to make sourdough this time, and make a phone call instead, recognising you'll be helping a smaller business while also enjoying a delicious, sophisticated meal.
Here is a list of all the top-notch eateries where you can place a takeout or delivery order.
Places With Takeaway And Delivery
- The Middle Eastern restaurant Babajan (Carlton North) provides pick-up and shipment of goods for items like moussaka, borek, wine bottles, and gift baskets. Online ordering is available; the minimum order is $100, and deliveries up to 15 km away cost $15.
- Baby Pizza (Richmond): This Richmond eatery offers pizza, pasta, desserts, and wine for daily pick-up and delivery. You can order and get free delivery if your home is less than five kilometres from the store.
- Do you have a sweet tooth? Burch & Purchase (South Yarra). The regular menu of gorgeous dessert creations from this sweet studio is accessible for in-store pickup and delivery to a few suburbs. Additionally, from August 8 to August 15, it will host Cheesecake Week, offering a special menu of tantalising cheesecake variations.
- Cannoleria by That's Amore (different locations): You can now purchase Cannoleria's small, big, and gluten-free cannoli, together with Craft cannoli equipment, conveyed throughout the majority of city Melbourne for a $5 fee on purchases over $23.
- Capitano (Carlton): This pizzeria is open once more and serves tiramisu, square pizzas, takeout, and delivery along with bottled cocktails and tortiglioni with vodka sauce. To get yours, call 9134 8555 or go to the website.
- Chin Chin (CBD and Richmond): The popular Flinders Lane eatery now offers delivery and takeout of its favourite meals, like massaman curry and two times cooked beef short rib. There are also beers, wines, and a coconut panna cotta dessert available. For orders placed online, free delivery is available up to five kilometres from Chin Chin or its sister location in Richmond. Additionally, Chin Chin's provides batch cocktail packs and finish-at-home dinner kits, of which the latter is only available for shipping on August 13 and 14.
- Bulgogi burgers, fat toasties, pumpkin pie shakes, fusion cocktails, and much more are available at the Dari Korean Cafe in the CBD for takeout or delivery. All of these items come with a sly 10% discount.
- Do you prepare hot pot at home? - David (CBD) That's right; David's sells it. If you live within a 20-kilometer radius of the CBD, the restaurant delivers two distinct set dinners for no additional charge. Contact them or send a DM to them on Instagram to place an order.
- A two-person fish pie and strawberry gum profiteroles can be picked up from Estelle (Northcote) every night from 4.45 to 8 p.m. Providore can also deliver Estelle's selection of dishes for finishing at home.
- The well-liked pies from Green Acre (Brunswick), a zero-waste pizzeria, are now available for local pickup and delivery through Mr Yum. You may see some weekly specials when you visit internet to place your order.
- Online orders for vermicelli bowls, rice paper rolls, and warming bowls of pho can be placed for pickup at either the Express Lane in Windsor or Hanoi Hannah Vol. II in Elsternwick. There are also delivery services like Deliveroo and UberEats. Try the deliciously sloppy Drip Drop Banh Mi, which comes with a side of piping-hot pho-inspired gravy and is loaded with chicken and lemongrass sauce.
- Hawker Hall (Windsor): This hawker-style eatery offers daily dumplings galore, chicken and potato curry puffs, as well as goods, wine, and beer. You can use the website to place your order.
- The curries and rice on the Horn Please takeaway menu, which is available every day at 4:30 p.m., are 30 percent less expensive if ordered directly and picked up. Orders can be placed over the phone or online. Alternatively, you can use Deliveroo or Uber Eats to have the entire menu of quasi Indian dishes delivered right to your door.
- Fitzroy's Ichi Ni Nana and St. Kilda's Ichi Ni Izakaya From 5 to 9 p.m., the Ichi Ni kitchen in St. Kilda is now offering a takeout menu of traditional Japanese dishes and stacked bento boxes. Choose from five delivery partners to have it delivered to your door or pick it up in-store.
- Indu (CBD): This chic Sri Lankan eatery offers finish-at-home dinner containers for two, in addition to extras like slow-cooked lamb rain, that can be bought online for pick-up or delivery. Find them. $10 jugs of ready meal sangria are also offered this week (August 9–15) until supplies last.
- Kickin'Inn (Port Melbourne): Would you like to prepare a deliciously sloppy seafood feast on your own? A Port Melbourne newbie is now delivering its Cajun-inspired style food of fresh seafood via Menulog, so you're in luck! If you mention the promotion when you order, you can also get 10% off mixed packs and Kickin Licious products right now.
- King and Godfree (Carlton): The menu at King and Godfree features everything from giant eggplant parmigiana and stacks of antipasto boxes to vacuum-sealed pizzas. Additionally, there will be lots of wine.
- Lagoon Dining (Carlton): This Lygon Street eatery offers a variety of inventive modern Chinese dishes that can be picked up or delivered via Providore (from Wednesday to Saturday) (Wednesday to Sunday). Pre-order items for in-store pickup or place your provider order there.
- Little Prince Wine (St. Kilda): The Prince Hotel's wine bar, grocery store, and bottle shop with a European flair offers a wide selection of delectables for takeout each day, such as coffees, sandwiches & salads, cheese, charcuterie, convenience foods, and top quality wines. Additionally, Providore provides a variety of drinks, deli goods, and snack platters.
- The main focus of Maker & Monger (South Yarra) is cheese. In addition to other cheese platter essentials and four of its huge fan cheese toasties, Maker & Monger now advertises cheese in 150-gram and 250-gram wedges that can be finished at houses.
- Mejico (CBD): Fancy a meal of Mexican cuisine? This CBD restaurant offers pick-up options for margarita cheesecakes, salt-baked fish tacos, and beef empanadas six days a week. To organise for a finish-at-home dinner kit to be supplied in its place, place an order or visit the website.
- Italian Job wrap up food cartons are once again being offered for pick-up and shipment at this Kew restaurant, according to Mister Bianco (August 11-14 ). Additionally, it offers a menu of prepared foods, including the well-known duck pappardelle and gnocchi osso buco, which are available for ordering from Thursday through Saturday.
- New Your cravings for dumplings will be satiated by this renowned restaurant group's exceptional take-home and delivery list in Shanghai (different locations). Order it all from xiao long bao to kung pao chicken and wonton soup by calling the Emporium or Chadstone store.
- Panda Hot Pot (Carlton): You can now enjoy the renowned Sichuan pot from this Carlton eatery at home. Make your order for delivery or pick-up after choosing your desired level of spice. Each delivery area has a different minimum order quantity.
- Even though Palermo in the CBD has closed, Providore still delivers finish-at-home meals like empanadas, beef short ribs, and filled date night supper boxes.
Venues Offering Pick-Up Only
- Bar Romantica (Brunswick East): This well-known late-night restaurant offers takeout on pizza, cannoli, and other Italian sweets. They're accessible along with a variety of wines from Wednesday through Saturday. Additionally, the location functions as a pop-up pizzetta shop every Saturday from 12 to 3 pm, serving a nice selection of scarce masterpieces to-go.
- Bellboy (Brunswick East): The cafe is offering a limited-edition brunch box for two in addition to its full brunch menu, which is available for takeout during the lockdown. Each one costs $49. It also includes coffee, chia pudding, sourdough crumpets, and crispy potato hash. Order in advance from the entire catalogue.
- The croissants at Penny for Pound in Richmond are among the best in the city. Drop by or, if you're feeling particularly organised, pre-order here the day before pickup.
- Your favourite pretzel vendors are now accepting click-and-collect orders from three locations in Melbourne: CBD, South Yarra, and Doncaster. You can order the distinctive twisty snacks—both sweet and savory—along with a drink to go with them online.
- The bakery's renowned bread, coffee, and pastries are available for takeout from the South Yarra location every day at 8 a.m. Look over the menu in advance.
- Call (03) 9471 1420 to place a pre-order for pick-up of breakfast boxes, aperitivo kits, and two-person supper packs at the well-known Preston restaurant Stray Neighbour. Halt by for house-made bread, sourdough pizza slices, sweet treats, and more; takeout is also offered at the location.
- Tulum (Balaclava): During the closure, Tulum offers a selection of take-out Turkish street food. Think of simit, vegetarian boreks, and fish sandwiches in the style of the Bosphorus. Visit the Carlisle Street location to find out what is available today. The restaurant is open from 10 a.m. until everything is gone.
Order and pick-up
Pasta rescue kits from Tipo00 and other things
Do you lack pasta? Leading Italian eateries in Melbourne have banded together to offer assistance by supplying prepared meals, sauce, and fresh pasta. For delicious food, pick from Trattoria Emilia, Lello Pasta Bar, SPQR, and Tipo00. There are also Lee Ho Fook dan noodle options.
Home cooking with Argentinian and Peruvian flavours
New take-home menus are being offered at all four establishments by the team behind Pastuso, San Telmo, Asado, and Palermo, as well as the beloved Argentinian eateries San Telmo, Asado, and Palermo. All customers who place a pickup or delivery order will be given a voucher for a complimentary bottle of wine, redeemable on their subsequent visit, as a way to mark the occasion. Despite efforts to socially distance themselves, all venues are still open. Beginning on March 24th, the fresh menu options will be accessible.
The Natural Food and Wine Deli offers groceries and meals that are vegan and gluten-free
There are prepared meals available for pickup at the Organic Food and Wine Deli. The availability of tofu, tempeh, nuts, seeds, flours, and grains ensures that vegan and gluten-free diets are well-cared for. For the menu, visit their Instagram.
Caffe e Torta
New ready-to-eat items and takeout pasta packs have been added to the menu at Caffe e Torta in Royal Arcade. Bring home a nonna-style bolognese, spanakopita, a following family recipe, or a slow-cooked beef ragu for tagliatelle.
Marameo's modern and upscale Italian delivery service
Choose the squid ink pasta, white chocolate mousse, and Italian wine instead of the tuna and rice. Modern European favourites make up Marano's fantastic takeout menu, which comes with free delivery for orders over $100 (within 3km radius of Russell Place). Call to make a reservation and savour gourmet food in the convenience of your own home.
Buy cheeseburger dumplings to take home
Anyone who spends a lot of time at home needs non-perishable frozen food. Order your dumplings from Dumplings and purchase those in-store to add a little spice to the situation. Among the flavours offered are cheeseburger dumplings, mac & cheese, truffle mushroom, and chicken satay. Priced at $24.95 for a 24-pack, that's only over $1 for every dumpling!
Butcher's Diner offers takeout all day, every day
You can eat at The Butchers Diner whenever you want. It is open 24 hours a day and offers a substantial menu that will keep the wild animals at bay, including burgers, grills, Japanese fried chicken, and breakfast fry-ups.
Capitano now offers an expanded takeout menu, with options that can be partially prepared in the restaurant and finished in the comfort of your own home. You can place an order online and pick it up at any of our locations.
Ordering and delivery online
Support packs for earl home delivery
You can get enough to eat all week long with Earl Canteen's new "favourites" bundle. It is made for self-isolation or working from home and includes a variety including absolute favourites like grain and seed salad, granola, grass-fed beef, and red pepper meatballs.
A ready-to-bake cookie log, fresh ham and cheese, and Noisette sourdough bread are also included. Please speak with their staff directly if you have any vegan, gluten-free, or other dietary requirements. For delivery the following day within a 20-kilometer distance of the city, order by 2 p.m.
Famished Home delivery
Everyone in your home will enjoy the food drops that Famishd will deliver to them at home. A selection of dinner essentials, including chicken, steak, pasta, cheese, vegetables, and more, are included in the weekly grandparent's pack.
Dinner is included in the family box, and party pies, sausage rolls, sliders, and other crowd-pleasing favourites are included in the kid's freezer pack. The staples bundle is another option if you're getting short on essentials.
For these options, as well as others like breakfast, lunch, desserts, and dietary choices, browse their online delivery menu.
King and Godfree delivery
Two Carlton favourites, King and Godfree, are introducing a line of pre-made home meal kits. Among the ready-to-heat (and eat) options are fresh gnocchi, cannelloni, robust bolognese sauce, and eggplant parmigiana.
There will be a wide variety of wine and mixers, as well as deli items like eggs, cheeses, and marinated olives. Beginning on Monday, March 23, it will be available on Deliveroo and Uber Eats.
Cocktails to your door
The Hometender collection from Bar Americano is the perfect antidote for cocktail enthusiasts worried about a global pandemic. You may get free shipping to much of the Melbourne Central Business District when you order a case of the bar's signature cocktails to drink at home.
Coffee to your door
It's the one thing every respectable Melburnian needs, back and forth of the office. You're in luck because a lot of Melbourne's top coffee shops offer internet delivery. Trademark blends from Market Lane, Seven Seeds, Campos Coffee, and Industry Beans are all available for online ordering and home enjoyment.
A night in has never looked so good.
If you're in Australia and you run out of ingredients or simply can't be bothered to go grocery shopping, don't worry; the hotel sector will take care of you. It's not uncommon to find eateries that just offer takeout or delivery services. The time has come to publicly endorse the cook responsible for your favourite dish.
FAQs About Melbourne Restaurants & Cafes
Tips to Improve Your Restaurant's Online Food Ordering And Delivery Sales
- Use Technology To Accept Orders.
- Ensure Clear Communication.
- Create A Stellar Online Menu.
- Assign Orders and Track Deliveries With Technology.
- Provide Great Service.
- Outsource Delivery Drivers.
- Proper Address and Client Communication.
- Focus On Packaging.
Benefits and Drawbacks of using home delivery service
- Reduces non-essential expenditure. Grocery stores are designed in such a way as to maximise impulse buying.
- Easy access to online specials.
- Coupon convenience.
- Select your stuff.
- Delivery can be challenging.
- Cannot get everything that is demanded.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Start a Food Delivery Business
- Growing Demand for Food Delivery Businesses.
- Find a Niche.
- Define Your Target Audience.
- Create a Website.
- Curate a Mobile App.
- Strong Delivery Network.
- Obtain Licenses.
- Market Your Website.
Let's know what your delivery management software should be able to do:
- Find addresses and guide drivers to save time.
- Easily assign tasks to drivers from the backend.
- Use GPS tracking to track the driver's location.
- Use planning and scheduling tools.
- Seamless communication with customers and agents/fleets.
There are numerous benefits of the food delivery service — it expands your customer base, increases your revenue, gives your customers a variety of options, and offers unparalleled convenience. More than just a courier service, we can also give you the chance to venture into the food delivery service industry.
Some of the major problems reported by the customers surveyed revolved around late deliveries, incorrect orders being delivered, orders not being delivered at all, rude customer service, cold food being delivered, and the driver requiring a lot of guidance to find the delivery location.
Restaurants, cafes, and bars in Melbourne are closed to dine-in customers until September 2. We've reopened the lockdown 6.0 live list so you may order takeout and support your favourites. From heat-and-serve meals to pre-mixed cocktails, this is the definitive guide to who's offering what. Babajan (Carlton North) provides pick-up and shipment of goods for items like moussaka, borek, wine bottles, and gift baskets. Online ordering is available; the minimum order is $100, and deliveries up to 15 km away cost $15. You can now purchase Cannoleria's small, big, and gluten-free cannoli, together with Craft cannoli equipment, for a $5 fee on purchases over $23.
- Restaurants, cafes, and bars in Melbourne are closed to dine-in customers until September 2.
- Baby Pizza (Richmond): This Richmond eatery offers pizza, pasta, desserts, and wine for daily pick-up and delivery.
- You can order and get free delivery if your home is less than five kilometres from the store.
- For orders placed online, free delivery is available up to five kilometres from Chin Chin or its sister location in Richmond.
- Bulgogi burgers, fat toasties, pumpkin pie shakes, fusion cocktails, and much more are available at the Dari Korean Cafe in the CBD for takeout or delivery.