If you ask most people to name romantic cities, Paris and Rome are likely the first two that come to mind. Fortunately, we have some excellent news to share. If you and your significant other are considering making Melbourne the site of your next romantic getaway, we have some suggestions for you. We have looked into different options that work with different spending plans. Surprise the one you care about with an unforgettable experience unique to Melbourne for any occasion, whether it's a date night, wedding anniversary, Valentine's Day, or just a romantic staycation in the city. We hope that this guide to romantic activities in Melbourne will be useful in arranging a memorable date. Additionally, we have found a number of great options for you to consider if you are looking for a unique place to propose in Melbourne.
Discover Our Top Romantic Activities In Melbourne
Unique Date Night Melbourne Restaurants And Bars
Vue de Monde
Since it first opened, it has come to represent the pinnacle of fine dining in Melbourne and the surrounding areas. The development of flavours and the creation of an atmosphere of mystery are central to their mission of providing a thrilling and exciting experience for the customer. In 2011, they moved from the Melbourne central business directory to the 55th floor of the Rialto building, an iconic structure in the city. From here, visitors can see the entirety of Melbourne's skyline. We recommend Vue de Monde as the best place in Melbourne for married couples to celebrate their anniversary.
State Of Grace
Preparing your taste buds for the State of Grace is a must. Select a cushy spot for a midday snack, evening meal, or early morning snack and start your day off right. Then, take a short stroll to the library, where a secret door awaits as the beginning of your romantic journey. The excitement begins at Fall from Grace, which can be found at the foot of the stairs.
If you're looking for something a little less serious and entertaining, the Trinket Bar is the place to go. There isn't a better place to grab a cocktail or pizza on Flinders Lane. Relax and dig into a delicious pizza made with the season's finest ingredients. This Melbourne restaurant is perfect for a first date thanks to its tasty food and lively atmosphere.
You need only look upward to find the Eureka Skydeck in Melbourne, which offers breathtaking views of the city. In Melbourne, the Eureka Tower's Skydeck is situated an incredible 297 metres above ground. This tower is in the middle of Southbank and is easily recognisable. It was completed in 2006 and has since stood out dramatically against Melbourne's skyline.
We recommend the Eureka Skydeck at sunset for a romantic evening in Melbourne. View the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground, Port Phillip Bay, and Albert Park Lake from above as the city lights up at sunset.
Did you wish to propose to your special someone in a more private setting? One of the most romantic ways to propose in Melbourne, however, is at Eureka Skydeck, where the staff will take care of everything for you. For just $119, you can take someone special on a private edge ride where you can pop the question. Additionally, you will receive no cost illustrations of the proposal. For help planning a truly unforgettable proposal, get in touch with the Eureka Skydeck staff today; we know all the best spots for proposing in the Melbourne area.
From its vantage point atop the Melbourne Star observation wheel, you can survey the city in all directions. The largest Ferris wheel in the Southern Hemisphere, this structure can be found in the heart of the Docklands and features climate control in each cabin. You want to make it more memorable, don't you? If you want to take your relationship to the next level of passion, a Sparkling Flight package is the way to go. Have a drink while taking in the sights of Melbourne from 120 feet in the air. The Melbourne Star Observation Wheel is a fantastic location for a marriage proposal, as many others have discovered before you. That private cabin is just what the doctor ordered for a night of romance.
Romantic Picnic In The Royal Botanical Gardens Or Treasury Gardens
A picnic in some of Melbourne's most beautiful gardens is as simple as finding a good vantage point, bringing a blanket and basket, and eating some delicious food. You should definitely take a break and grab a cup of coffee at one of the many adorable cafes strewn about the garden. It's our claim to fame, so to speak. If you're looking to add a little romance to your relationship, why not take a punting ride on the lake? Many people's first thought when hearing the words "romantic boat rides" is of a cruise through the Royal Botanic Gardens in London. The Royal Botanic Gardens' Ornamental Lake is the centrepiece of the gardens, and you can take a relaxing cruise around its islands. The next step is to relax in one of the gardens' beautiful wooden punts while your knowledgeable guide tells you all about the local flora, fauna, and human history.
Surprise Your Loved One With A Unique Place (To Steal A Kiss!)
Please allow us to direct you to some of Melbourne's lesser-known but most memorable romantic spots. Under the beautiful stained glass dome of the National Gallery of Victoria's atrium. Melbourne's Observatory is the city's oldest stargate. To many, the State Library of Victoria stands as one of the city's finest architectural and public spaces.
Romantic Hot Air Balloon Over The Yarra Valley
Get up early and take a magical balloon ride over Melbourne to see the city come to life. You can see the Yarra Valley from the sky by flying high above the architectural landmarks and beautiful parks and lakes of Melbourne. The Yarra Valley is only an hour's drive from Melbourne, making it a convenient choice for a first or second date. The Yarra Valley, home to more than 80 wineries, is widely regarded as one of the world's top wine producing regions. More than 90,000 people have ridden in one of Global Ballooning's 25 balloons at sunrise over the years. That's why you should let them take you on a trip full of romance.
Take Your Better Half Shopping (And Score Brownie Points!)
Residents of Melbourne, Australia's shopping mecca, value window shopping and window dressing as highly as any other form of retail therapy. This applies equally to males and females. Here's a list of some of the best places to shop in Melbourne if you want to treat your special someone to a romantic outing.
Take A Day Trip To The Beautiful And Picturesque Mornington Peninsula
If you leave from Melbourne's CBD, you'll be on the beautiful Mornington Peninsula in about 1.5 hours. Take a day trip by the water and learn about the region's passion for wine, farm-fresh produce, seafood, and abundant food while having a romantic and educational experience. If you're visiting the Mornington Peninsula, you shouldn't let the chance to visit the Peninsula Hot Springs pass you by. The Peninsula Hot Springs are famous for their natural hot springs and their day spa. Take a dip in the natural thermal springs and reconnect with your loved one on your romantic day trip, or indulge in a treatment at the resort's signature spa.
Book A Melbourne Romantic Escape
With our Melbourne Romantic Escape package, you can make the most of your romantic staycation or weekend getaway in Melbourne. Take your romantic staycation or weekend getaway to Melbourne to the next level by visiting one of the city's many romantic restaurants.
Our Melbourne Romantic Escape Includes:
Fun Date Ideas
- Glow Golf
- Take your date mini-golfing with a twist. This themed 18 hole course has UV lights that will create a fun-tastic time. Play Glow Golf anytime as it is indoors. A perfect romantic night in Melbourne!
- Escape Room Melbourne
- If puzzles are your thing, try an escape room. There are several different themed rooms with different puzzles to choose from. This would be great for a couple or a double date. But, again, put your thinking caps on.
- Rock Climbing At Hardrock Melbourne
- Adventurous couples can rock climb together at Hardrock. Throughout your session, there are different challenges where you can even challenge each other.
- Rollerblading Wednesday Nights With Bayside Blades
- Bring your date on Wednesday night for rollerblading fun with Bayside Blades. Meet up with the group at the Cow up a tree sculpture before skating through Docklands.
- Visit A Day Spa
- here is a guide to the Best Day Spas in Melbourne
- Bounce Inc.
- For some extra fun, bring your date to Bounce Inc. Bounce your way across trampolines and airbags in a 2-hour super pass. It doesn't matter if you are a beginner or more experienced. You will have a blast.
- Ten Pin Bowling At Strike Melbourne
- Try a bowling game or two with your date at Strike. This bowling alley is a unique alley with lane service to eat and play.
- Albert Park Driving Range
- If golf is your thing, bring your date to the Albert Park Driving Range, where you can practice swing. The range is open, rain or shine, as covered bays. You can also practice putting.
- Grau Projekt In Clifton Hills
- Every six weeks, a new artist is showcased by the Grau Projekt. You and your date can view how Matt Bax brings new art together along with artistic drinking. Theme Park date at either Fun Fields, Adventure Park, Fairy Park, or Gumbuya park – If a theme park is where you and your date want to go, there are four parks to choose from, Fun Fields, Adventure Park, Fairy Park, or Gumbuya park. Depending on what type of park you are looking for, whether it's water parks, rides, or fairy tales, you are sure to have had a fun-filled date.
Date Night Or Anniversary Ideas Melbourne
Cork & Canvas
Don't forget to bring your drinks because Corks and Canvas is the perfect place to take a date. If you want to impress your date, spend the evening painting and drinking.
If you're looking to chill out while in Melbourne, the Icebar is the place to go. Relax with a drink and enjoy the sights of hand-carved ice. If you get cold inside, go outside again. Do not forget to bundle up warmly! Getting a little chilly in Melbourne in the winter is one of the most romantic things to do. Explore the Origins of Common Drinks – A tour of drinking establishments is a great way to learn about each other and have a good time on a date. Learning about the area's past is easy when you're sipping on some of the drinks from the region. You and your date are destined for a fantastic evening.
Melbourne Theatre Company
The Theatre Company is a great place to take your date for a night out on the town. There is no wrong choice when it comes to picking a show to watch.
Karaoke At Ichi Ni Nana
Night Of Karaoke At Ichi Ni Nana
On a date, why not try Ichi Ni Nana's karaoke? It doesn't matter if you have a great voice or not; what matters is that you enjoy yourself. So, raise a glass, grab the mic, and start singing your heart out.
Old Melbourne Gaol Night Tours
Are they looking for some creepy fun for your date night? Old Melbourne Gaol Night Tours will give you plenty of creepy fun with their night tours. Learn a little history or maybe even solve a mystery.
Queen Victoria Night Market
If you are looking for a bustling date night, check out the Queen Victoria Night Market. Over 130 stalls of street food, bars, and merchandise of all sorts.
You can stretch out in your reclining seat at the Melbourne Planetarium and watch a show projected on a dome above you. In addition, you will be shown the sky in its current Nighttime configuration. One of the many exciting things to do at the Planetarium is to take in a lightning show.
Night Kayak On The Yarra
Seeing Melbourne by night from a kayak on the Yarra River is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Take a break from paddling to eat at a marina for lunch as a group. You don't have to look any further for a truly unique night on the town than a meal on a train in the sky. The bar known as Easy is located on the roof of a train car. Enjoy a burger and a beer on the fifth floor of this building while taking in the sights of Melbourne below.
Romantic Date Ideas
Bird's Basement For Jazz Night
If you and your special someone share a love of jazz, the Bird's Basement is the perfect place to spend an unforgettable evening. The doors open at 6 and the music starts at 7:45. Relax and enjoy the great music after you've ordered some tasty food and a cool drink.
You can relive the glory days of drive-in movies at Dromana Drive-In. Enjoy one of three films delivered to your car every evening while you relax. It is now possible to order food without ever having to leave your car.
Miss Fox Day Spa
Relaxing massages, treatments, rituals, and baths are all available at Miss Fox Day Spa. Each couple will have access to a separate suite, and there will be a wide range of options for purifying the body and calming the mind.
Go Cheese Making At Craft & Co
Take part in Craft & Company's Cheesemaking Workshop.
Making cheese together at Craft & Co. is both a tasty and intimate date idea. Along with mozzarella, you'll also learn to make burrata. They will show you how to make cheese in your own kitchen.
Learn To Salsa Dance At The Salsa Foundation
Going dancing is a fun and romantic date idea. To hone your salsa skills, enrol in a class at the Salsa Foundation. Anyone who has never learned how to dance would benefit from taking beginner classes, regardless of their current dancing ability.
National Gallery Of Victoria
Art can inspire introspection and deep consideration of each piece. Take your date to the National Gallery of Victoria to see the various collections on display. It's one of the most romantic things a couple can do in Melbourne.
Spirit Of Melbourne Dinner Cruise
The Spirit of Melbourne offers couples a romantic four-course dinner cruise. Take a boat ride down the Yarra River and observe the city's reflection in the water. The three-hour cruise this evening will undoubtedly be an experience you won't soon forget. Take part in a picturesque tour in a horse-drawn carriage by enlisting the help of Classic Carriage Hire. When it comes to romance, nothing beats a ride in a horse-drawn carriage. Those visiting the city as a couple have a wide variety of tour options to pick from. Consequently, kick back, relax, and enjoy the ride and the sights along the way.
High Tea At Overnewton Castle
Were you searching for some delightful romance? Having High Tea in a castle is the perfect way to impress a date. Make your selection, and enjoy the refined atmosphere.
Unique Date Ideas
Zero Latency Virtual Reality
The virtual reality platform Zero Latency allows married couples to communicate in a computer-generated setting. Each of the games in the library can support up to eight players. Put on your gear and start playing; you're not limited in any way by the wires or cables that are holding you.
Maniax Date Night Axe Throwing
Are you axe-ing kidding? Spend the night with Maniax and make it one to remember. Axe throwing is a fun activity that you and your date can do together. Then, after you've finished throwing, you can reward yourself with a beverage. If you're going to be hosting a party, please remember to drink sensibly.
We offer some suggestions for a romantic vacation if you and your special someone are planning a trip away from it all. If you and your spouse are looking for a romantic setting to celebrate your anniversary in Melbourne, look no further than Vue de Monde. You can find some lighter entertainment at the Trinket Bar. If you're looking for a romantic spot in Melbourne, head to the Eureka Skydeck at sunset. The Melbourne Star observation wheel provides a 360-degree view of the city.
For only $119, you can take that special someone on a private edge ride where you can pop the question. What better way to spice up your love life than with a romantic punting ride on the lake? A first- or second-date in the Yarra Valley is easy to arrange because it is only an hour's drive from Melbourne. Experience the city of Melbourne in a whole new light by taking a balloon ride. For Australians, there is no better place to go shopping than in Melbourne.
Melbourne is the birthplace of some of the world's most progressive artistic and cultural movements. More than fifty-five hundred speciality stores and boutiques call Chadstone, Victoria, Australia, home, along with more than thirty upscale fashion labels. Various shows and exhibits can be seen at the Arts Centre Melbourne. Visit the Peninsula Hot Springs if you find yourself in the Mornington Peninsula area. Take your special someone on a day trip to the nearby thermal springs and enjoy some quality time together while you both relax in the water.
Our Romantic Getaway package includes rock climbing, roller skating, and an escape room. There is no shortage of romantic restaurants and bars in Melbourne, making it an ideal destination for any anniversary or date night. If you want to impress your date, take them to the Albert Park Driving Range. Corks and Canvas and Bounce Inc. are two great options if you and your date are interested in amusement parks. In Melbourne, the Icebar is the place to go if you want to relax and unwind.
Discover the History of Your Favorite Drinks Together Taking a tour of local watering holes is a fun and educational way to spend a date. This once-in-a-lifetime chance to kayak down the Yarra River at night and take in the sights of Melbourne is not to be missed. Let's stop paddling for the day and grab some lunch at a marina. You can get your salsa on at the Salsa Foundation. A romantic four-course dinner cruise is available for two on the Spirit of Melbourne.
Enjoy the city from a boat as you cruise down the Yarra. Overnewton Castle hosts a delicious high tea. You and your date can have a great time axe throwing. You should take some time for yourself and make a date to visit the float centre at Beyond Rest. Funds raised will be used to support research into a cure for neurofibromatosis, so please join us for the Cupid's Undie Run.
One of Melbourne's most picturesque settings is the Roar' n' Snore Zoo, which offers overnight stays. A stroll along the sands of St. Kilda is available at no cost. More than eighty vendors will be selling their wares at the Arts Centre. If you have $25 to spare, you can partake in a guided walk that includes tastings of various edible weeds.
- Learn about Melbourne's top romantic experiences.
- The Skydeck at Melbourne's Eureka Tower is an astounding 297 metres above the street.
- If you're looking for a romantic spot in Melbourne, head to the Eureka Skydeck at sunset.
- Did you want to surprise your significant other with a marriage proposal?
- Take that special someone on a private edge ride where you can pop the question for only $119!
- When people think of "romantic boat rides," many immediately picture a trip through London's Royal Botanic Gardens.
- Hot air ballooning over the Yarra Valley
- Get up early and watch the city of Melbourne come to life from above on a magical balloon ride.
- If you're looking for a romantic shopping excursion in Melbourne, here are some of the top spots to visit:
- You'll find high-end retailers like Gucci, Dior, and Tiffany & Co. at the "Paris End" of Collins Street.
- You can find both trendy small shops and high-end department stores on Bourke Street Mall (Zara and H&M).
- Emporium Melbourne is a high-end mall located in the middle of the action of the city.
- Experience Melbourne's vibrant cultural scene.
- Melbourne is home to a phenomenal cultural scene, producing some of the most innovative and cutting-edge arts and culture in the world.
- The Peninsula Hot Springs are a must-see if you're in the area of the Mornington Peninsula.
- The natural hot springs and day spa at Peninsula Hot Springs are well-known throughout the world.
- Bounce Inc. is the place to take your date if you want to spice things up a bit.
- Date at a Theme Park: Fun Fields, Adventure Park, Fairy Park, or Gumbuya Park If you and your date are interested in visiting a theme park, you can choose between the Fun Fields, the Adventure Park, the Fairy Park, and the Gumbuya Park.
- The Icebar is Melbourne's premier destination for chilling out.
- Karaoke at Ichi Ni Nana for a Late Night
- Ichi Ni Nana has a karaoke room that would be perfect for a date.
- Planning a Romantic Date Night
- Jazz Party In Bird's Basement
- Spend an unforgettable evening at the Bird's Basement with that special someone if you both enjoy jazz.
- Dromana Drive-In Theater
- At Dromana Drive-In, you can relive the golden age of drive-in film viewing.
- A romantic four-course dinner cruise is available for two on the Spirit of Melbourne.
- You can't go wrong with taking your date out for High Tea in a castle.
- You and your date can float in separate pods and concentrate on your health and relaxation at the Beyond Rest float centre.
- Attend a meal dubbed "Secret Foodie."
- One Night in the Zoo
- Roar' n' Snore is a zoo that lets animal lovers spend the night with their favourite creatures.
- Plan a day trip to the beach in Portsmouth.
- Dates on the beach are exciting, romantic, and inexpensive.
- A Tasting Tour of Wild Edibles
- The weeds are beautiful, so while you're there you might as well pick some to eat.
FAQs About What Can Couples Do In Melbourne
Fun Things To Do With Friends Without Spending Much
- A potluck dinner party. Host a dinner party and ask everyone to bring a dish to share.
- Host a spa day. Give each other manicures.
- Movie marathon.
- Pinterest party!
- Go to the park.
- Have an organization party.
- Hold a yard sale.
- Concerts in the park.
Cute Date Ideas so You Never Get Bored Again
- Try a new restaurant. If you've got the menu just about memorized at your favourite feed bag, check out someplace new.
- Play tourist in your hometown.
- Make a fun new recipe.
- Go on a picnic.
- Take a hike.
- Hit the beach.
- Go skiing.
- Play a board game.
When you think of the world's most romantic cities Melbourne doesn't usually spring to mind; however, between breathtaking vistas, enchanting gardens and amorous experiences you'll soon come to realise just how lovey-dovey Melbourne can be.
Whether it's a conversation about your childhood or mentioning memories as they come up in daily life, sharing memories is something all happy couples do. Your past is a big part of what shaped you as a person, so it's only natural that a spouse would want to relive it with you.
Healthy relationships involve honesty, trust, respect and open communication between partners and they take effort and compromise from both people. There is no imbalance of power. Partners respect each other's independence, can make their own decisions without fear of retribution or retaliation, and share decisions.